Harney County Dial-A-Ride
Darlene Needham, Transportation Manager
17 S. Alder Ave
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 728
Burns, OR 97720
Phone: (541) 573-3030
FAX: (541) 573-6025
Harney County transportation shall be a coordinated effort to provide a safe, affordable, reliable, accessible, flexible, efficient transportation service to all riders, thus, creating a dependable public transportation system in Harney County.
Harney County Dial-A-Ride is a demand response service that provides transportation to people of all ages. The DHS volunteer program provides some transportation for Medicaid clients. Harney County Senior and Community Service Center has a senior-helping-senior volunteer service.
The Burns Paiute Tribe Transportation service is up and running. They began a fixed route service. They are running one bus.
The Harney County Dial-A-Ride hours are from 7:00 A.M. To 7:00 P.M. Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. on Saturday, and 8:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. on Sunday. The Service is a countywide service prioritizing demand responsive trips within a 10 mile radius of Burns Hines and providing occasional charter service to events and activities in Harney County. This service also travels to Bend, OR once a week to provide trips for medical services, to Redmond, OR to the airport and other services as needed.
What does it cost?
- 0-10 mi. $1.00 per stop is required.
- 11-20 mi. $5.00 one way upon availability
- 21-35 mi. $10.00 one way upon availability
- 36+ mi. $20.00 plus $.505 per each additional mile one way upon availability
SCHEDULED BEND TRIP:
- $35.00 round-trip to Bend $18.00 one way and $8.00 errand in Bend
SPECIAL TRIP upon Availability:
- John Day $55.36 Round Trip
- Bend or Ontario $115.96 Round Trip
Extra Rider on Brokered Trip:
- John Day $25
- Bend or Ontario $35
Harney County Dial-A-Ride funds their program with Special Transportation Funds (STF) grant funds, 5311 Federal grant funds, STG (discretionary STF) grant funds, fares, and contract funds from Oregon Medical Assistance Program and Senior and People with Disabilities.
The vehicles used to provide Dial-A-Ride service are one (1) small bus that holds 12 passengers or 10 passengers and 2 wheelchairs, One (1) van that has seating capacity of 10 or 8 and 1 wheelchair, One (1) small bus that has seating for eight passengers and two wheel chairs and three (3) minivans, which hold five passengers or one wheelchair and (3) passengers.
For fare information and Rider Guide please check the links below:
- Title VI Plan
- Harney County Dial-A-Ride Service Brochure
- Comment and Complaint Form
- Riders Guide
- Harney County Special Transportation/Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund Advisory Committee Bylaws
- Deviated Route Policy
- Reasonable Modification Policy
- Harney County Coordinated Plan July 2018
- STF Meeting Agenda
- STF Minutes