SHIBA-Senior Health Insurance Benefits Assistance
Angela Lamborn, Executive Director
17 S. Alder Ave
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 728
Burns, OR 97720
Phone: (541) 573-6024
FAX: (541) 573-6025
The Senior Health Insurance Benefits Assistance program uses trained volunteers to help people with Medicare make health insurance decisions.
This free program saves Medicare beneficiaries money by making sure they receive all possible benefits and don’t pay too much out of their own pockets.
SHIBA is funded by a federal grant from the Administration for Community Living.
These free services are available to people with Medicare, their family members, caregivers and advocates.
Do You Know:
- How to get Medicare?
- The Important deadlines to buy additional insurance or prescription drug coverage?
- What happens if you continue to work after you are eligible for Medicare?
SHIBA volunteers can help you:
- Select a Medicare prescription drug plan
- Find out if you are receiving all possible benefits
- Compare supplemental health insurance policies
- Evaluate your need for long-term care insurance
- Read bills
- File an appeal or insurance complaint
Volunteers are at the Harney County Senior & Community Services Center every Tuesday from 1:00-3:00. No appointments needed. During Medicare open enrollment October 15- December 7 annually SHIBA volunteers are available from 1:00-3:00 Tuesday and Thursday. Appointments during open enrollment are available and suggested.