Home>Harney County Newsroom
Harney County Newsroom
Statement By Harney County Judge Steve Grasty on the January 6, 2016, Community Meeting
- NOTICE is hereby given that an Evidentiary Hearing regarding updates to the Harney County Comprehensive Plan, will be held before the Harney County Planning Commission in the Harney County Circuit Courtroom which is upstairs in the Courthouse, 450 N. Buena Vista, Burns, Oregon on Wednesday, February 15th, 2017 at the hour of 7:00pm. Please follow this link to view the full public notice.
- Special Executive Session of the Harney County Court, Wednesday, February 8, 2017 beginning at 4:30 p.m., in Judge Pete Runnel’s office in the Courthouse
- County Commissioner's Seat Open January 1, 2017-Accepting Letters of Interest Now!
- October 10, 2016, Harney County Groundwater Advisory Committee to meet October 20, 2016.
- September 19, 2016, Burning Ban Lifted
- April 25, 2016, County Clerk to Demonstrate Ballot Counting System
- April 25, 2016, Court House Drive-Up Ballot Box Relocated for Convenience
- April 15, 2016, Members Sought for Groundwater Study Advisory Committee
- March 23, 2016, Special County Court Meeting Cancelled
- February 11, 2016, Statement by Harney County Court on End of Occupation
- February 2, 2016 Response to Pacific Patriots Network "Letter of Intent"
- February 1, 2016, Statement by Judge Steve Grasty on Protests Planned for Today
- January 27, 2016, Statement by Judge Steve Grasty
- January 26, 2016, Statement by Judge Steve Grasty
- January 24, 2016, News Release-Harney County Community Meeting Cancelled
- January 22, 2016, News Release-Harney County Community Meeting Change in Venue and Format for January 25
- In 2014, a community non-profit, the Community Support Foundation of Harney County, was asked to help Harney County citizens tell their story about what it is like to live in such a rural part of America. The intent of this effort is to offer a film that provides an unfiltered chance for the citizens of Harney County to share their experience of living on such a bold and beautiful landscape. The hope is that offering a real look at our life on the Oregon frontier will help bridge the perceived rural-urban divide. All this work was well underway prior to the current occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. This trailer was developed to support our funding of this film project. In light of the current conditions impacting the citizens of Harney County, we have made the decision to put this short film trailer up on the County website to offer what we believe is a better example of what Harney County is about, and what makes us all Oregonians. We hope that you enjoy this brief visit to our county. Video Trailer-Community Support Foundation of Harney County
- January 22, 2016, Statement by Judge Steve Grasty
- January 20, 2016, Frequently Asked Questions - Occupation of MNWR
- January 19, 2016, Harney County Calls on Protestors to Stand Down
- January 19, 2016, Questions & Answers in response to Community Meeting on January 11, 2016
- January 15, 2016, Harney County Community Meeting Notice
- January 15, 2016, Harney County Fairgrounds
- January 13, 2016, Harney County Fairgrounds
- January 8, 2016, Harney County Community Meeting Notice
- January 8, 2016, Clarification on Harney County and Ties to the Committee of Safety Burns
- January 8, 2016, Harney County Announces Official Twitter Feed Burns
- January 4, 2016, Malheur National Wildlife Refuge