The National Resource Advisory Committee (NRAC) advises the court on the needs and priorities of the county’s natural resources; provides substantial comments for the National Environmental Policy Act process; and works through implementation of the county’s land use plan.
The committee consists of a maximum of nine members who must live in Harney County and identify two areas of interest from the following selection:
- agriculture and livestock production;
- timber and wood products production;
- hunting and fishing;
- the Eastern Oregon Agricultural Research Center;
- cultural resources; and
- natural resources stewardship through the continuation of the customs, culture, health, safety, and economic stability of Harney County.
Committee meetings are open to the public, and representatives from public land agencies are encouraged to attend and answer questions.
NRAC Advisory Committee Members:
- Position 1: Jeff Maupin, BLM, Forest Service
- Position 2: Jesse Svejcar, Fire
- Position 3: Bruce Rickman, Recreation, OHA