Harney County Dial-A-Ride
Lisa Moody,Transportation Manager
Darlene Needham,Transportation Dispatcher/Office Asst.
Dial-A-Ride is operational with door to door service Monday – Friday 8am to 5:30pm and 8am-3pm on Sunday. The deviated fixed route is operational from 7am-7pm Monday – Friday and 8am – 5pm on Saturday with a 12-1 break for lunch. Drivers have brochures with the route, times and other details of the public transportation program. Masks are required to ride. Drivers have them available if you do not have one.
Harney County transportation shall be a coordinated effort to provide a safe, affordable, reliable, accessible, flexible, efficient transportation service to all riders, thus, creating a dependable public transportation system in Harney County.
Harney County Dial-A-Ride is a demand response and deviated fixed route service that provides transportation to people of all ages. We share many of our signed bus stops with the Burns Paiute Tribe Transportation Service which also runs a deviated fixed route system.
The Harney County Dial-A-Ride hours are from 7:00 A.M. To 7:00 P.M. Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. on Saturday, and 8:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. on Sunday. The Service is a countywide service prioritizing demand responsive trips within a 10 mile radius of Burns Hines and providing occasional charter service to events and activities in Harney County. This service also travels to Bend, OR once a week to provide trips for medical services, to Redmond, OR to the airport and other services as needed.
What does it cost?
- 0-10 mi. $1.00 per stop is required.
- 11-20 mi. $5.00 one way upon availability
- 21-35 mi. $10.00 one way upon availability
- 36+ mi. $20.00 plus $.505 per each additional mile one way upon availability
SCHEDULED BEND TRIP:
- $35.00 round-trip to Bend $18.00 one way and $8.00 errand in Bend
SPECIAL TRIP upon Availability:
- John Day $55.36 Round Trip
- Bend or Ontario $115.96 Round Trip
Extra Rider on Brokered Trip:
- John Day $25
- Bend or Ontario $35
See links below for documents related to public transportation programs in Harney County conducted through the Harney County Senior Center including fare information and Rider Guide:
- Title VI Plan
- Harney County Dial-A-Ride Service Brochure
- Comment and Complaint Form
- Riders Guide
- Harney County Special Transportation/Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund Advisory Committee Bylaws
- Deviated Route Policy
- Reasonable Modification Policy
- Harney County Coordinated Plan July 2018
- STF Meeting Agenda
- STF Minutes